Be Safe! Be Seen!
As the dark nights draw in it is a time to think about road safety in the dark. Today children in Years 2-6 had a special talk from the team at Urban Vision who reminded us how to keep safe and be see when out and about in the dark. Here are some helpful tips:
How can my child be seen more easily?
1. On dull days your child can wear bright or fluorescent colours
- Special high-visibility tabards and other clothing can be bought from many retailers
- Fluorescent armbands can also be worn over coats and other clothing.
- Bags are also available in bright colours or with high-visibility strip
2. If walking near traffic at night reflective clothing is needed
- Reflective clothing reflects light from car and bike headlamps
- Reflective armbands and clothing can be bought for children