Home School Agreement
At the beginning of the school year we ask parents and pupils to sign our Home School Agreement, as we believe that pupils achieve their best when teachers and parents support each other in partnership.
The school will:
- Provide a Catholic education, employing whenever possible staff who are practising Catholics.
- Provide a happy, safe, orderly, caring and spiritually aware school environment.
- Provide a curriculum and teaching that will enable all children to achieve their best.
- Encourage personal, spiritual and social development, respect and self-discipline.
- Issue regular information about pupil progress and achievement and early notification of any problems.
- Be open, welcoming and supportive of parents, visitors and members of the parishes and local community.
- Provide a positive approach to discipline by encouraging good behaviour.
- Provide information on curriculum areas, so that support can be given at home.
- Prepare children for transfer to secondary school.
The family will:
- Support the school’s Mission Statement.
- Support their children in participating in the practices and observance of the Roman Catholic faith and the Sacramental Programme.
- Ensure children attend school regularly and on time.
- Support and adhere to the school’s policies for behaviour, homework and school uniform.
- Take an interest in progress, school activities, reading, and attend Parents’ Evenings.
- Make staff aware of any concerns or problems which may affect the child’s learning.
The child will:
- Participate in the religious life of the school.
- Be caring and considerate towards others, showing respect to all staff, children and visitors.
- Arrive in class in time.
- Bring reading books, homework and P.E. kit as required.
- Respect the learning of others.
- Follow the class and school rules.
- Try their best to produce classwork and homework of a high standard.
- Have respect for their surroundings both inside the classroom and in the school grounds.
Together we will:
- Support the child’s learning to help them achieve their best.