Vision, Mission Statement, Values and Aims
At St. Mary’s School we believe in a broad, balanced curriculum to develop each child to their full potential, on their journey to becoming happy and confident individuals. We want children to gain a love of learning in a safe, welcoming environment in partnership with our Teachers, parish, parents and carers with Our Core Values of Jesus Christ central to everything we do.
Our Mission Statement
Our school values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
St Mary’s Roman Catholic Primary School is rooted in the Gospel Values and the vision of Saint Mary. Saint Mary tells us:
“God is love and He loves us as we are.”
We value one another in a caring community, reflecting God’s love and compassion for all.
We follow Mary’s example to pray, grow in faith and place our trust in God.
We inspire to be the best we can, use our gifts and talents from God and celebrate our achievements.
We live out Our Mission within the following Core Values:
Love – we love each other, including those we find it hard to love.
Respect – we value the views and ideas of others and appreciate that there are different ways of looking at things.
Faith – we believe in God, have belief in ourselves and others.
Inspire – we are motivated by the achievements and talents of others and want to set the right example in our lives.
Achieve – we strive to do our best, we won’t give up when things get tough and will help each other the best we can.
Our Values and Aims
- Be distinguished by its care for all members, meeting individual needs with fairness, understanding and justice.
- To celebrate and enjoy experiences of success, friendship, happiness and sharing.
- To develop lively and enquiring minds and consolidate the skills and abilities necessary to secure success of the highest personal academic achievement.
- To provide an education which will prepare each pupil for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life.
- To affirm, nurture and develop the faith and spiritual growth of its members.
- To learn to respond to the needs of others, to respect other races, religions and ways of life.
- To promote an active partnership between school, the home and the parish.
- To seek to be a vital, responsible and integral part of local and wider communities.