Local Field Study - Independent Research Project
This term we would like you to do a geographical study on your local area. To do this we need to think like a geographer. Some of the key questions you may investigate include:
* What is the name of this place?
* Where is this place and which other places are near it?
* Is it a village, town, suburb or part of a city?
* What types of buildings can we find and what are they used for?
* What different types of land-use can we find?
* Are there any green spaces and what are they used for?
* Who lives here and what do they do?
*How do people use this landscape in different ways?
* Are there any local ‘landmarks’?
* What types of transport links can we find?
* What evidence is there of connections to other places?
* What was this place like in the past?
* How and why is it changing?
* How is it similar or different to other localities that are being studied?
* List the human and physical features in the local area
* Create your own map with map symbols
* Plan a route around your local area
Use the resources below to help you.